Google Apps: Not For Your Domain

I tried signing up for a free Google Apps account for HowItSucks.com recently. Here's the message I got:

"Google Apps does not currently support this domain name"
Not being sure what that meant, I tried to register for Premier version. Same message. I searched some news groups and found a few relevant posts.

I contacted support. Here's what I got back:
Thanks for your message. Please note that we review a variety of factors for each new Google Apps signup. Based on our review process, we feel that your domain does not meet our current requirements.

For more information, please visit
http://www.google.com/support/a/bin/answer.py?answer=52166.
When I asked for clarification about what requirement my site didn't meet, I got the following response:
Thanks for your message and for your interest in Google Apps. Please note that we cannot disclose any details of our policies. However, please know that we review a variety of factors for each new Google Apps signup. Based on our review process, we feel that your domain does not meet our current requirements.

For more information, please visit
http://www.google.com/support/a/bin/answer.py?answer=52166.
In summary, my domain doesn't meet the current requirements, but they won't tell me which requirements.
ARGH. Anybody else having this problem?


UPDATE (11.14.2007): Just got the final answer from Google:
Because your domain name contains the word 'sucks' it cannot be accepted.


Thankfully, this hasn't prevented me from using other Google services like Blogger, Google Analytics, or Google Webmaster Tools.

No comments: